Learn to Curl!
Want to learn how to curl? You have come to the right place! The Mankato Curling Club offers Learn-to-Curl classes throughout the year. These classes provide basic instruction for beginners who have never curled before or for those looking for a refresher course.
Whether you are just curious and want to give curling a shot, or whether you are looking to learn the basics to prepare you for League play and beyond, this is the place to start!
What to Expect
A Learn-to-Curl class will provide instruction on the basics of curling. By the end of the class you will know what it means to throw an inturn draw to the button – and you may even be able to do it! A typical class will consist of the following:
- 20-30 minutes learning the basic rules of play
- 60 minutes of on-ice instruction learning how to deliver a stone
- 60 minutes of play time
What to Bring
All equipment will be provided by the curling club. You only need to bring the following:
- A clean pair of tennis shoes.Please carry these into the club and change once you get here.
- Warm, flexible clothing.The arena is approximately 40 degrees, so dress warm.You may want to bring a pair of gloves and a hat.
- You may bring your own food and beverages to enjoy after the class!
How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of a Learn-to-Curl class is $25.00 per person. The entire cost will be applied to league dues if you sign up for a regular adult league within one year of taking the class.
When Is The Class?
The following opportunities are available through the Mankato Curling Club:
Friday November 1, 2019 -- 6:30 PM to 9:00PM
Friday November 22, 2019 -- 6:30 PM to 9:00PM
- Friday December 27, 2019 -- 6:30 PM to 9:00PM
- Friday January 17, 2020 -- 6:30 PM to 9:00PM
- Saturday February 22, 2020 -- 6:30 PM to 9:00PM
Where do I Sign Up!?
You can sign up for a Learn-to-Curl class HERE.
Want to learn more about curling? Here are some great resources to help you along your way:
- Curling Instruction Videos - Learn to shoot the rock.
- Curling Terminology – Learn to talk the talk.
- Curling Rules - Learn to walk the walk.